Saturday 1 April 2017

Dog waste bins not being emptied

Chalkwell Park today


I have heard a couple of reports recently of overfull and unemptied dog waste bins. Today I spotted an example for myself, in Chalkwell Park.

This is dispiriting. Dog waste on pavements etc is an all too frequent complaint from residents. I try to encourage all dog owners to be responsible, and often point out where dogs are sited. I have even been responsible for new dog bins being place in Milton ward.

How can we encourage responsible dog ownership if dog bins are not being emptied often enough?

The Conservative-UKIP coalition in Southend-on-Sea has seen a number of waste disposal problems on its watch - this is another sorry chapter in that sad story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition