Thursday 12 January 2017

Southend LCF

Gray Sergeant (Chair) and Ashleigh Condon (Secretary)
The Local Campaign Forum met last night. An all member meeting that attracted thirty-two souls to Southend Labour's Sutton Road headquarters. Out of a membership of over twelve hundred this may not sound much, but I vividly recall a Labour meeting a few years back where I was fifty per cent of the attendees.

On the subject of that membership figure, I believe this not only makes us the biggest party in Southend-on-Sea, but bigger than all of the others combined. If only votes accrued were proportional to membership .....

We discussed a number of things, including the just announced budget. The issue of the Southend Labour Facebook Group also came up, as did fundraising, campaigning, and other local issues. There are no local elections in Southend-on-Sea this year, but it still looks like it is going to be a  busy political year.

My contributions included the training event I am running, as well as a fundraising event I have organised.


No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition