Wednesday 21 March 2018

Stranglers, Therapy? @ the Cliffs Pavilion

I have only ever joined the fan clubof one band in my life, The Stranglers. The funny thing is that I am not in thrall to everything they have recorded. In fact, there are quite a few artistes whose
Therapy?

repertoire is universally better to this blogger. However, The Stranglers were very good in their day, and I joined the Stranglers Information Service in 1978 (or thereabouts).
Stranglers



Last night saw The Stranglers (for the third time), supported by Therapy? (my second time of seeing them). Therapy? were better than reasonable. I saw them two decades ago and last night’s set was largely taken from the material recorded then, so much was familiar.



The Stranglers were very good. Only two of the classic line-up were present (Burnel and Greenfield), but the replacements for Black and Cornwell were very good. They played a lot of familiar tunes, and these were well received. The unfamiliar was also very good. This gig will stay with me for quite some time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition