Wednesday 22 March 2017

Bubbles it is

Alison Griffin




I sit on the Appointments and Disciplinary Committee which means I was one of the seven councillors who interviewed the candidates for the Chief Executive and Town Clerk role.  I have had direct input into two senior appointments in the current civic year, and on both occasions women were chosen. Perhaps a small victory for those who want glass ceilings broken. It is Southend-on-Sea's first female Town Clerk after all.

The new Town Clerk has been described as "bubbly", which has planted a vision of Bubbles Devere from Little Britain into my conscious.

I welcome Ms Griffin to the borough, and look forward to working with her for the betterment of Southend-on-Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition