Friday 17 February 2017

PCC's public consultation



I hope I can encourage everyone to participate in the following survey - http://www.essex.pcc.police.uk/LocalCaseForChange/

This survey is concerned with the proposals for the Police and Crime Commissioner to take on responsibility for the Essex Fire Authority.

This is an effective merger of the two bodies, and the survey postulates three alternatives. I wish there was a 'none of the above' option.

I did not like the politicization of the police that was the result of having a PCC elected, and am not any keener that this be extended to the fire service. These bodies already have elected members on the boards that give accountability to those in charge.

I gave low markings for all three options - none, in my humble opinion, do anything to make Essex safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition