Tuesday 18 September 2018

Westcliff RFC Ladies Rugby @Westcliffladiesrugby

On Sunday I watched only me second ever live game of rugby union, and the first one involving ladies. Almost a quarter of a century ago I watched a game in The Gambia between their national side and the crew of a Royal Navy ship (I really cannot recall which).

I watched Westcliff Ladies play their first ever league game, an affair that saw them lose 43 - 5 to Pulborough (who benefited from having greater experience).

It was enjoyable though, particularly as I had four family members playing for Westcliff: a daughter (Loren), and three nieces (Grace, Maddie, and Poppy)

It was a beautiful day, and I will certainly try to catch another game this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition