Monday 9 May 2016

Honoured and humbled



Southend Labour had a very good night last Thursday (May 5th) and our Group in the local council chamber continued its growth. We are poised for further successes in the years to come, and I am really looking forward to the 2018 elections.

I am humbled, and honoured, to have been amongst the successful Labour candidates. It was an honour to have been elected in 2012, to repeat my success this year really is a champagne moment for me.

Unfortunately I was not able to be at the count, and missed some of the campaigning; but a record of hard work over the last four years, and of Labour's achievements, made my Milton success assured.

I would like to thank all involved in the election, and to all who voted. I would also like to thank my opponents - there is no democracy without choice and I know that Milton's residents appreciate being given a wide choice of alternatives to choose from.

I will do my best to repay the trust placed in me and promise to continue to be a strong voice for Milton ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition