Thursday 17 March 2016

Adieu Leigh Branch



Within weeks of moving into Blenheim Park ward in 2006 I was involved in the running of the local branch of the Labour Party. Leigh Branch LP, which covers four wards in Southend West, was in need of a secretary, and I was eager to undertake that role.

The four wards that Leigh Branch covers are: Belfairs, Blenheim Park, Leigh, and West Leigh.

My decade as secretary came to an end last night. I have moved and no longer live in Southend West constituency, let alone Blenheim Park ward. I held onto my role until the annual general meeting, and this was yesterday.

Charles Willis was re-elected as Chair of the Branch, and Cheryl Nevin takes over my role as Secretary.

I now have no role at Branch level within the Labour Party, unusually. Joining the party in 1996 I have had Branch roles since 1998. Here is a list of those roles.

start
end
role
branch
1998
2000
Secretary
Chalkwell
1999
2000
Treasurer
Chalkwell
2002
2003
Vice Chair
Leigh and West Leigh
2002
2005
Chair
Chalkwell
2004
2005
Organiser
Westborough
2005
2006
Vice Chair
Chalkwell
2006
2016
Secretary
Leigh

I will hold onto my Southend West constituency roles until that body has its AGM (expected in June).

I now live in Victoria ward, in the Rochford and Southend east constituency. At the moment I have no plans to undertake any new roles, but who knows what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition