Thursday 11 February 2016

Westborough Road Health Clinic


I am on the patient's list at the Westborough Road Health Clinic. I have been for years. In fact, ever since my youth, for despite the years I have lived within short distance of this facility all of my life.

I would not describe myself as a regular, but I have used this GP practise a number of times over the years, including twice this week. On every occasion I have received a courteous, professional, and impressive service. I have remained loyal to the doctors of my youth through the years because I am a satisfied customer.

I understand there are challenges, not least because recruitment of new doctors, so I am told, is ought but impossible at the moment.

I hope this surgery-cum-health centre remains open to service both loyal and long-standing patients, like me, as well as newcomers. I fear that we are entering an era when small, independent, surgeries are becoming scarcer. I think Southend-on-Sea will be the poorer for this.

I am not a stopper of change, but I do wonder what the current 'improvements' to the NHS will bring, and whether we, the public, will be the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition