Wednesday 5 December 2018

Another visit to Westcliff Ladies RFC


On Sunday I went to see my second game of ladies rugby union. This turned out a comfortable win for Westcliff Ladies, beating Dartfordians 61 – 10.

It began evenly, and was tied 5 - 5 after a quarter of an hour. Then Westcliff got into their stride and the tries came aplenty.




It was an enjoyable match to watch, especially with a daughter scoring a try, and two nieces also on the field. If the ladies had kicked better the score would have been even more impressive. As it was, in their first season this is to date their biggest win.

Afterwards, in the clubhouse, they, most touchingly, dedicated their victory to me. This as acknowledgement of my health issues, my being there was an achievement itself. I hope to go again, and soon.
Poppy, Julian, Maddie, Loren and Hope in the clubhouse after the game

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition